Sunday, August 05, 2012

MOPS - Mothers of Preschoolers

When I found out I was pregnant I knew just the place to go to energize me to be a "new/Old" mommy again- MOPS or Mothers of Preschoolers. I use to be a member of this group back when dos and tres were wee little bits and we lived in Colorado Springs. In fact, when I was a member way back when, we were in our 2nd year of forming the group. It was the first MOPS group to form in a Catholic church. Now with cuatro I had a chance to go back. I went to two meetings last season before I ended up in the hospital. These women came and visited me, sent cards, found baby items that I had not gotten yet and provided meals for my family and most of them had not even had a chance to meet me! (these women certainly showed me the meaning of this verse) Love as if your life depended on it. Our theme this year is from 1 Peter 4:8-11
Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless- cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words: if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything- encores to the end of time. Oh yes!
Plunge! Love as if your life depended on it. In getting ready for the MOPS year this verse really spoke to me. In my life I am always plunging into things be it an organization or motherhood. Greg is always telling me that I spread myself out too much sometimes, but I can't just join a group I have to be a part of it. (I am in charge of membership for MOPS and I am corresponding secretary for the PSC) However I wish this mentality leaked over to other parts of my life, like exercising. The other part that really speaks to me is the part that tells you to be generous with your gifts that God has given you. How challenging this verse is as I am still trying to figure out my gifts, my calling, my direction.

No comments: