Friday, March 09, 2007

Mojito, Rose and Bazil

At the store I just happened to be looking for mint because its hot here and feels like a Mojito night. So by the fresh herb stand I saw a mint plant. It looked nice and healthy and I thought - I am gonna be here for 4 years I could attempt to grow this little mint plant and it could provide me with nice leaves for my Mojito's and sweet tea. So in the cart it went. Then I looked again and there next to it was a nice rosemary plant. Rosemary is suppose to be hearty and a great spice to cook with. Next to that was a very plump basil plant and I do love Italian so I got those as well.
So Mojito, Rose and Bazil (said with a French accent) came home with me. Yes I named them-- You have to it's plant law!
You have to know that I have never successfully grown herbs. My sister who is the queen of plants always says- "Oh I just plucked a few of my leaves off of so and so plant and threw it in my recipe" -- (This must be said with a voice higher than your own)
Any ways I have always envied her ability to even grow so and so plant! Oh I can grow other things, for example I have a plant from when each child was born that are still alive and big --- the oldest one being almost 10-- and I have Al my aloe plant. These plants have traveled with me every time I move. (my husband knows he better make room in the car for these and my scrapbooking stuff!)
But I have always killed herbs. So I am gonna attempt to grow Mojito, Rose and Bazil and hope they make it -- I have already named them so they better!!


How to make a Mojito :

1 1/2 oz. light rum
1 tsp. superfine sugar
lime wedges
club soda or soda water
mint sprigs

Muddle (crush) mint leaves, sugar and lime in a mixing glass. Add rum and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake. Strain the mixture into a tall glass and top with club soda. Garnish with fresh sprigs of mint. Enjoy

3 comments:

terilynn said...

I'm enjoying your blog!!! I'm Rita's friend, Teri, in case you're wondering who's interested!!!

And thanks for the mojito recipe!!! Sounds fantastic

JUST ME said...

Enjoy the mojito recipe it is wonderful on a hot night!!!

rita said...

hey! how are Mojito, Rose and Bazil (with French accent)??? Are they still growing??
And where is there picture?? ;)