Sunday, April 08, 2007

Chocolate bunnies, jelly beans and Easter eggs oh my!

Today what I thought would be a horrid and lonely day was quite the opposite.
We woke up this morning to find that the Easter bunny had visited our house and left candy filled eggs (and our hard boiled eggs) all around the house. Not only that but our baskets were full of fun goodies like drawing books, bubbles and a paint your own piggy bank. After our house egg hunt we got dressed and went to church. I was dreading taking three kids alone to church because I know how they are.
My oldest is great, listens, sings sits quietly. My middle one has to be in contact with me at all times, in other words he likes to hold my arm or hand during the whole service. Upon seeing this my youngest then falls into her "baby" routine and insists on being held and cuddled during the whole service. Needless to say this does not fill me with the worshipping spirit, in fact it drives me nuts and I want to scream "leave me alone for an hour so I can pray for patience in dealing with you" not really something you can do at church I know! When Greg is there he can at least take the middle one because my daughter will not go to him.
Anyhow, you can see why I was dreading this. So we went to church, we were early so we got seats up towards the front and waited. At first they were fine and all was well but as soon as the music started so did their usual behavior but actually today I was okay with it, I made sure I was touching D-man in some way and holding Bec at the same time and JP actually helped by holding the book out and pointing to the words in the songs so his brother could follow along. It was amazing! Now this isn't to say they were perfect but they were good and I will take that and run!
We then hurried home made the salad I was suppose to make last night but I was egg stuffing and went over to my girl friends house. There we ate and ate and ate.... Had an egg hunt with 6 kids and 172 candy stuffed eggs and swam in her pool. It was a good time!
The kids were exhausted and when we came home they bathed and went to bed. Right before Bec went to sleep she said "Mommy, I missed Daddy but I had a fun time today."
Me too!

1 comment:

rita said...

"I want to scream 'leave me alone for an hour so I can pray for patience in dealing with you'"

I have had that same thought run through my head at mass, too!

Wow!! 22 eggs per kid~ that is an amazing egg hunt.
What Becca said was very sweet. Good job on making it through Easter minus Greg.