Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Preparations underway


Our first visitor is coming. Now I would have hoped it was going to be family that would visit first, but it seems that Ernesto is on its way to greet us. Yesterday I was busy getting the gas tanks filled, getting money and groceries and doing laundry (they are not folded but everything is clean!). Today will be spent bringing in lawn furniture, the swing set that still is not built and the basketball hoop as well as putting up the shutters on the windows. All this will take place when my husband gets home though since I am not sure where it is all going to fit. Come to find out, his job entails more than we had thought being the safety officer for the Air Force Base. We thought it was primarily working with the space launches but it seems he is busy during all events that need safety. It is good that I am learning this now and that Ernesto is not going to be a major storm because I have a feeling I will be in charge of getting the house battened down in the future since he has not been home much in the last couple of days!

1 comment:

rita said...

You are the woman!!!
Keep us posted. We are praying that Ernesto fizzles. love you.