Sunday, February 18, 2007

at church

Today the homily was about change and how people don't like to change and about why people don't change and about in what ways does God want us to change.
I must say change is very hard for me. Amazingly enough I have changed all my life being a kid of the military and now the wife of a military guy. From that house to this one, leaving this friend, finding new friends, moving to this town instead of staying in this one, moving schools adjusting to different places and the list goes on. Now I find that as I get older I just want to stay in one place, have the same friends, know where I can go to get whatever it is I need. I am a bit envious of people who can do that, who can buy the furnishings they want and not be wary of it getting dented or scratched as they move for the tenth time or whose friends never change and they always have someone they can call. I am sure that is not what the deacon means when he started on about change but that is what comes to mind.
I think what he had in mind was changing the person you are and how you love others.
Change, it is so hard to get rid of how you are comfortable and move on to the uncomfortable. I guess that is where you grow. So I guess I will strive to survive my Change ...

No comments: