Saturday, February 17, 2007

Rocket Day

My boys were excited today -- and when I say my boys I am including the 37 year old one that I married. Today our cub scouts joined the Spaceport Rocketry Association in their monthly meeting to launch homebuilt rockets. As you can see from the picture on top our rockets were not that impressive, but they did travel far and fast. (JP is the on the right and D is on the far left) Some of the rockets that the club members launched were as tall as me and even had a nice hissing - boom sound with fire as they launched. It was quite impressive.
The other picture is of the boys going to search the field for their launched rockets. Now the key to the search and recovery is to make sure you follow the rocket as it is in the air so you know about where it lands or you are searching forever! Fortunately dad kept his eye on them or we would have been out there as we speak (cuz you know we would not have been able to leave it !)
While this was all exciting for "the brothers" as she calls them. Bec hid under the towel (mom forgot a blanket) and plugged her ears. The only time she moved was when they were reloading the launch site. She would then scramble to pick all the flowers around her. We now have a beautiful arrangement of weeds -- I mean flowers-- in a vase on the table.

No comments: